I'm a huge fan of holiday sweets whether it be cookies, cakes, or brownies, and this year I wanted to bake a festive treat for the neighbors around my house. I love brownies and this recipe is a special Christmas Blondie. I got this recipe from the blog Averie Cooks and doubled it to have enough for one 13x9 pan. It was a very simple recipe with only a handful of ingredients and it was absolutely delicious!
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13x9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, microwave the butter for 1 minute in order to melt it.
- Wait 2 mins before adding the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, whisk until smooth consistency.
- Add cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth until everything is flat and even.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the blondies are chewy with a crust around the edges.