Monday, April 4, 2016

The Spring Cheek Palette





After changing my niche from beauty to fashion and football, I stopped scouring the stands of makeup at Sephora and stuck by the products that worked for me instead. Recently however, my favorite bronzer shattered and I was suddenly in the market for a new cheek product. I didn't want to re-purchase my beloved The Body Shop Honey Bronzer online because I'm trying to avoid using my credit card (it's just so easy to use!!) so I headed to the Target's beauty aisle. I didn't know what brand to look toward, but the Maybelline FaceStudio Master Contour Palette in Light to Medium immediately caught my eye. I loved how thin the packaging was and how I would have all of my cheek products in one case. With spring on the horizon, I was also interested in a brighter blush instead of my usual Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed, so this poppy pink was striking. The bronzer in the palette is a nice middle-ground between warm (a typical bronzer) and cool (a typical contour). I find it quite sheer, which great for the spring time as I don't want to wear as much makeup as I would in the colder months. After a couple applications of the bronzer, I'm left with a subtle warmth around my temples and cheeks. The blush is a pretty pink and it leaves a pop of color on my cheeks. If I don't want such a 'cheeky' look, then I lightly apply it only on the apples of my cheeks and thoroughly blend it out. The highlighter is a bit too pale for my skintone, but I bet it would look lovely on paler skins! It has a decent amount of shimmer but it's not a chunky glitter product, so it will still look natural in the sunlight. If you're looking for an affordable face palette that's easy for travel, I highly recommend this Maybelline one!

2 comments:

  1. I remember taking you to target Nono Mo'o, nice blog as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always driving me everywhere!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for reading!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme