Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I Don't Know What I Want to Do, And That's Okay


Some people know exactly what they want to do for the rest of their lives at a young age. I used to be one of them- fashion designing was my passion. I only ever saw myself in the design studio, pushpins stuffed in a fabric bob on my wrist. However, my days of binge watching Project Runway and painting my world with expensive brand names dissolved as music took over my identity. I filled my bedroom with classic and nontraditional musical instruments and aggressively practiced the Oboe, much to my family's dismay (maybe a duck-like instrument wasn't the best choice to practice at 10 pm). Again, my interests transformed when I discovered a passion for football. I gradually filled my notebooks with player statistics and game quotes. My dreams began to revolve around coaching and raising up guys who are not only incredible players but also inspiring young men. Sometime during (uncle) Bernie Sanders' run for presidential office, I uncovered a hidden political prowess that I didn't know existed. I've recently immersed myself in politics, social justice and civil rights in a way that has inspired me to pursue these ideals. Maybe I'll try law school or volunteer for political office. Maybe I will become the first female head football coach in history. Maybe I'll become a social activist or volunteer in war torn countries. Or maybe I'll do everything! I have so many interests and although I'm in my second year of college, it's okay that I don't know what I want to do with my life. I hope for those of you who are stuck in a job that sucks or a long-term career that you're not in love with anymore, my thoughts will help you to pursue that which tugs at your heart and makes you want to face another day.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever you end up doing, you'll be brilliant at it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for reading!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme