Thursday, December 22, 2016

Blogmas Day 22 | 20 Things I've Learned by Age 20


Besides the fact that 2016 was a complete shit crap year for politics, deaths and humanity as a whole, I learned a lot about who I am and what I believe over the past 365 days. I'm officially two decades old, which categorizes me as a young millennial who basically hasn't experienced much in life. However, I've grown up immensely by living on my own, working two jobs, blogging full time and somehow finding time to go to school (just kidding mom and dad we all know that school is my #1 priority I promise). Through my many phases of life: 'bossy' adolescent, Baby Phat-obsessed fourth grader (still love you Kimora Lee Simmons), scared elementary student, emo middle schooler, impressionable youth and football-consumed activist, I've grown and changed, but haven't forgotten who I am. Here are 20 things I've learned by my 20th birthday. PS thanks mom for birthing me!

  1. Stand up for what you believe in
  2. Girls can love sports too
  3. Don't worry about what other people think of you
  4. Laugh every day (even if you're by yourself)
  5. Never forget where you came from
  6. Stay in touch with your family and friends
  7. Belt as many show tunes as you want
  8. New Girl and Friends aren't realistic- no one lives with and falls in love with their best friends
  9. Pursue your dreams
  10. Learn from other perspectives especially when you don't agree with them
  11. Try to be nice to people sometimes
  12. Keep a detailed planner and you will have an organized life
  13. Just because you get paid every two weeks doesn't mean you can spend all your money
  14. Be present where you are
  15. Always blog even if you can't post every day
  16. Don't hold so many grudges... they only end up hurting you
  17. Stop going to sleep so late (she writes at 12:44 am)
  18. Being emotional isn't a sign of weakness, but rather strength
  19. Don't follow the crowd
  20. Be a voice for the voiceless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments and for reading!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme