Sunday, January 15, 2017

The 2016-17 Dallas Cowboys


While my mom cheered for the 49ers, dad had his Rams and Megan followed Peyton Manning through any career move, I never had an NFL team of my own. I still don't have my "ultimate team" (that spot is reserved for Baylor football), but this year I chose the Dallas Cowboys. Now, every time I say that I'm rooting for the Cowboys, every man rolls his eyes and says I'm hopping on the bandwagon, but that's not true. I never had a stance on the Cowboys until my favorite former college QB made his mark on the team. I've been following Dak Prescott throughout his years at Mississippi State and have always admired his talent and character. When I watched him play for Dallas with former Baylor WR Terrance Williams and RB Ezekiel Elliot aka the only Ohio State player I don't despise (I'm looking at you, Joey Bosa), I finally found my team even if it's only for this year. The combination of Dak's power arm, Zeke's agility, Dez + T.Will + Witten's fine motor skills and the O-line's absolute strength, the Cowboys took their game to the next level. Although they lost to the Giants, Eagles and Packers tonight, it's been remarkable watching how a few key players make an impact on the whole team's success. Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr or the demon Tom Brady (eww) may be the NFL's MVP at the end of the season, but each Dallas player has made their mark on NFL history in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments and for reading!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme