Thursday, August 10, 2017

Noelle Reads | August 2017


Author David Levithan's novel The Lover's Dictionary caught my eye as soon as I spotted it in Barnes & Noble. I was delighted that the cover accurately represented the book's content in a creative way! Levithan's novel assignment is to accurately illustrate the concept of love in his relationship through the words in the dictionary. Each piece of diction is more beautiful than the last as his definitions include memories, quotes, and realizations of the relationship's truths. Rotating between happy and sad anecdotes, Levithan's picture of love is realistic, funny, poignant, and raw. I'm already halfway through the book and I can't wait to see how it all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments and for reading!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme